Is this likely to spark more interest in the metaverse shift Meta is embarking on?
The Metaverse, as of now, we are nowhere near the fully-enabled experience they planned.
Meet XTADIUM, the newly developed app by Meta that can take you to any stadium, live event, and meetings with your friends and colleagues.
The goal of Meta VR’s app is to allow its users to experience sports in a more immersive and engaging way than they’ve ever experienced before.
- XTADIUM app is launching on Meta Quest and promises to bring you closer to your favorite sports in 180-degree VR.
- Depending on where you sit in the stadium, you can view real-time stat overlays and select from up to eight different camera angles.
XTADIUM: What to expect?
The XTADIUM will only be available in the US and you can join in NBA, Super Bowl, Golf tournaments, and every live sporting event happening inside the USA.
Meta said that, just like you can see the game statistics live on a TV screen, you can also experience this on the headset you’re using. It will feel like you’re sitting in a stadium full of crowds from different parts of USA.
Events Available In 180-degree VR:
- Three VOD 45-minute versions of NASCAR Cup Series races
- Two VOD UFC Fight Pass events, LFA 141 and LFA 144
- Live and VOD matches from the All American Cup – Team Tennis Tournament
- A collection of full VOD fight cards and highlights from ONE Championship
- Archival footage from Euro League basketball
Events Available to Watch In 2D:
- Live content from the beIN SPORTS XTRA channel
- Some choice waves from World Surf League
Meta announced that in the next coming months, more sports content will be available to watch via XTADIUM.
Live pay-per-view events or subscription-only content will also be accessible for fans through authentication.