On a very beautiful Sunday morning, I was playing Spiderman on my Oculus quest 2 and suddenly I fell and hit my chair; my headset did not break, but it was terrifying.
I realized that my Oculus Quest 2 passthrough wasn’t working even though I turned it ON.
I fixed my problem after searching for a while and decided to share my experience.
Reasons Why the Quest 2 Passthrough is Not Working:
- Passthrough is turned OFF
- Guardian mode is OFF
- You didn’t Reset the Guardian Boundary
- Software Bug
- Headset Sensor Issue
If you have ever experienced the oculus quest 2 passthrough black screen, it’s because the passthrough home is not enabled.
Just click on the Passthrough home to turn on the passthrough mode and disappear the black screen.
Now let’s fix the Passthrough Problem of your Quest 2.
Related Issue: Oculus Quest 2 stuck on loading screen – How To Fix?
How to Fix Oculus Quest 2 Passthrough is Not Working?
Fix 1: Activate the passthrough on Quest 2
Activating Passthrough will enable you to see your surroundings while you wear your Headset. Follow these steps to enable it:
- Go to Oculus Quest 2 home screen, and then press the “Oculus” button on your right-hand controller.
- Click the “Apps” icon on the menu bar.
- Click “Settings.”
- Click “Guardian” in the list of options on the screen.
- Make sure “General” is selected in the menu on the left side of the screen, and then click to turn on the toggle associated with “Double Tap for Passthrough.”
- Tap “Enable” and The Double Tap for Passthrough feature is now turned ON.
Fix 2: Enable Oculus Quest 2 Guardian
Guardian feature works like a protective case for your smartphone. It lets you select your play area of (6.5X6.5) feet to stay inside. You’ll get a warning if you step outside the play area.
Let’s walk you through how to enable it:
- Go to Settings and select System.
- Scroll down to the Developer option.
- Click on the Guardian to turn it on.
- Now go back and try double-tapping the side of your Quest 2 to test the feature.
Fix 3: Reset Oculus Quest 2 Guardian To Fix Passthrough
The best way to fix Passthrough mode is to reset the Guardian boundary. If the passthrough feature is not working properly, resetting it will make it work again.
Now its time to turn it on:
- Go to the Settings menu.
- Select the Guardian tab.
- Click Adjust Guardian.
- Follow the instructions to reset your floor height and play area.
- Try double-tapping the side of your headset to see if resetting the Guardian has fixed the issue
Fix 4: Restart Your Headset
If you’ve done everything right, turn off your headset.
Connect the charger and fully charge the battery.
Turn it on and try now if the Passthrough problem is Fixed or not.
Fix 5: Reset the Headset
If you see that the problem is still there, Reset the headset.
Follow this method to reset the headset:
Fix 6: Contact Support
Even resetting the headset is not fixing your issue, there is two possible reasons for that:
- Either it is a Software Bug
- Or there has been a problem with the sensor of your Headset
Try updating the Headset.
Contact them via their support mail and explain the problem to them. They will ask for your log files and send you a reply with an instruction.
If you have applied for the “Meta Warranty Plus Program” ask them to change the headset and give you a new one if you haven’t passed the warranty period.
You May Find Interesting Other Quest 2 Related Issue
- Oculus Quest 2 left/right speaker not working – Audio Issues Solved!
- Meta Account Device Code not Working – How i Fixed
- Oculus Quest 2 left controller not working – How To Fix?
- Oculus Quest 2 right controller not working – How To Fix?
- Oculus Quest 2 Mic Not Working On VRchat/PC/Games – How To Fix?
- Fixed: Oculus Quest 2 Home Button Not Working
- Fixed: Oculus Quest 2 Controller Not Working After Battery Replacement