Cyberpunk 2077 is considered to be the best open world game for PC after GTA 5. GTA 5 was a massive hit among gamers because of the insane level of graphics. Even though the hype is no more, still because of the amazing graphics quality.
Cyberpunk 2077 is officially not available to play in any VR headset as it is not compatible.
Things You Must Need to Play Cyberpunk Mod:
- A very Powerful Gaming PC.
- You must own a copy of the game on Steam.
- You need to become a supporter of Luke Ross Pateron.
Until January, the popular VR Modder Luke Ross launched his most highly-anticipated mod version of Cyberpunk called R.E.A.L VR Mod. This R.E.A.L VR Mod will allow all PC VR gamers to enjoy the Night City of Cyberpunk 2077 in their VR headset.
There is also another Cyberpunk 2077 VR mod developed by Vorpx that is also similar to Luke Ross’s R.E.A.L VR Mod. But the Luke Ross version of VR mod is far far better than Vorpx.
Continue reading the article to know how the ways to enjoy this game and how to make the most of your VR experience of Cyberpunk 2077.
How To Download & Install Cyberpunk 2077 on VR (R.E.A.L VR Mod)?
Cyberpunk 2077 VR Mod is available on Vorpx and the Official Patreon Page of Luke Ross.
The installation method is a little bit different but I’ve explained it in a much easier way.
- Sign up on Luke’s official Patreon page which cost $10 per month.
- Click on Download and unzip the downloaded file.
- Open the Cyberpunk 2077 game folder by right-clicking the game in your library and clicking “View Local Files”.
- Copy these three files and paste them into the “x64” folder located in the “bins” folder (replace files if asked).
- Finally, run the “RealConfig.bat” file in the x64 folder. (select “run anyway” if asked).
How to Download & Install Cyberpunk 2077 on VR (VorpX VR mod)?
Vorpx is the 1st VR Modded version of Cyberpunk 2077 that has released before R.E.A.L VR Mod.
The installation process is little bit complicated but I’ve put together everything in a very easy way.
- Go to Vorpx’s website an Download the Cyberpunk 2077 VR mod.
- Unzip the downloaded file.
- Launch the Cyberpunk VR setup.
- Locate your Cyberpunk 2077 game folder by going to Steam library and right-click on Cyberpunk 2077 and then Click on ‘Manage’ and select “Browse local files”.
- At the end of the installation, enable ‘Start Cyberpunk VR Config’ and select finish.
- In the Cyberpunk VR config menu, select the VR headset you will be using.
- Go to Steam library and select Properties. Uncheck ‘Use Desktop Game Theater while Steam VR is active.’
- Put on your VR headset and connect it to your PC.
- Now, you’re all set to enjoy Cyberpunk 2077 in VR for free.
Cyberpunk 2077 VR Gameplay Review
Before I get into the gaming, here’s a slight disclaimer that i am using an RTX 4090 with 32 Gigabytes of Ram that is powered by Core i-9 9900k CPU. Currently, i am on windows 10 (64 bit). My VR headset is the Oculus Quest 2, which in my opinion offers the best clarity of all current headsets.
When combined with an RTX 4090, the Cyberpunk 2077 VR mod reaches its full potential. My mind has been blown by this Cyberpunk 2077 VR gameplay, and I am looking forward to spending hundreds of hours immersed in NightCity.
For quite a while now, there has been an available VR mod for Cyberpunk 2077, but it has been one of the most challenging to run on the PC due to Cyberpunk 2077’s high requirements in terms of PC specifications when it comes to achieving solid performance on the game.
With a resolution of around 1640×1640 and medium to low graphics presets, I used to get around 30-40 frames per second in VR.
However, now thanks to the RTX 4090 VR gameplay performance, I’m able to maximize everything at 2432×2432 resolution and maintain a much better framerate, which could be improved still further with more tweaking.
System Requirements to Play Cyberpunk 2077 In VR
Just like any other game available on the market, there’s a specific requirement to play Cyberpunk 2077 in VR.
Cyberpunk 2077 is indeed a very power-hungry game that will require a lot of GPU power to show off all the graphical miracles in front of your eyes.
Minimum System Requirements for Cyberpunk 2077 VR:
- Graphics Card: NVIDIA GTX 1070 equivalent or greater
- CPU: Intel i7-6th Gen equivalent or greater
- RAM: 16GB
- Display: 60Hz Gaming Monitor
- OS: Windows 10 (64-bit)
Can I play Cyberpunk 2077 on Oculus Quest without running AirLink?
No, you can’t play Cyberpunk 2077 without running AirLink.
To use the Oculus Quest 2, you must use the Airlink (Wireless) USB-C cable (Wired) that was provided with the headset.
If you are facing airlink related issue, read this: Fixed: Oculus Air Link not Finding PC
More Games and Mod To Play On VR
- Install Beat Saber Mods (bmbf) On Quest 2 No PC – Step By Step Process
- Final Fantasy XIV VR Mod is coming – Here’s what you need to know
- How To Install and Play Half-Life 2 VR Mod?
- Get Bonelab For Free On VR Oculus Quest 2
- Play Offline Co-op Game Espire 2 VR on Meta quest 2/pro
- Among Us VR On Oculus Quest 2 – Things You Need To Know
- How To Play Fortnite On Oculus Quest 2?
- How to get Attack on Titan on Oculus Quest 2?
- How to get Hellsplit Arena on Oculus Quest 2?