The thirst of having a big screen experience is something that everybody craves for.
We all want to watch our favourite movies or play our desired games on the big screen.
The Airplay method is the best way to casting your vr quest 2 content on apple tv. It’s free, easy to configure and you don’t need to buy any additional devices.
Chromecast is another costliest and most direct way to cast quest 2 to apple TV but you dont necessarily need chromecast to connect your headset with Firestick TV.
This casting lets other people see what you’re experiencing in VR, which is perfect for showing off cool games and experiences to friends and family.
Here’s how to do it.
Casting Quest 2/Pro To Apple TV via the Airplay method
This is the most common and preferable method to cast Oculus Quest 2 to Apple TV. For this, you need to have an iPhone or iPad as a controller for Oculus Quest 2 and then follow these steps:
- Firstly, make sure that both your devices i.e. Apple TV and Oculus Quest 2 are connected to the same Wi-Fi network.
- On your quest 2, go home > sharing > select casting
- Then open the Settings app on your iPhone or iPad.
- After that, go to the Control Center and long press on the connectivity shortcut.
- Now, select the Screen Mirroring option and then choose your Apple TV from the available devices list.
Casting Quest 2/Pro To Apple TV via the Chromecast
The Chromecast is the most common way to cast your Quest 2 to any device.
To do this, you will need a Chromecast device and the Google Home app installed on your phone.
- Once you have these things set up, open the Oculus app on your phone and go to settings.
- Scroll down and select ‘Cast’ from the options provided.
- Select your Chromecast device from the list that appears and make sure that the ‘Quest 2’ option is toggled on.
Now, open up the content you want to cast on your Quest 2 and it should appear on your TV screen.
What problems you may face while Casting Oculus Quest 2 On Apple TV?
The reported problems with casting Oculus Quest 2 to Apple TV are:
- The image on the Apple TV is a blurry or low resolution
- There is a significant amount of lag between what you do in the VR headset and what you see on the screen
- The audio is out of sync with the video
- Casting frequently cuts out or stops working altogether
These problems may be due to environmental factors, such as a poor Wi-Fi connection, or they could be caused by a hardware issue.
If you’re having trouble casting Oculus Quest 2 on your Apple TV, try these troubleshooting tips.
Check your Wi-Fi connection
Ensure that both your Oculus Quest 2 and Apple TV are linked to the same Wi-Fi network. If you are using a 5GHz network, consider switching to a 2.4GHz network.
Restart your Oculus Quest 2 and Apple TV
Restarting your devices can often resolve casting issues. To restart your Oculus Quest 2:
- Open the Oculus app on your phone
- Tap Settings in the bottom right corner of the app
- Select your Oculus Quest 2 from the list of devices
- Tap Restart headset
To restart your Apple TV:
Press and hold the Home button and menu button on the Siri Remote until the Apple TV status light blinks rapidly.
Check for updates
Update your Oculus Quest 2 and Apple TV software to prevent glitches and bugs that cause plenty of unknown issues.
To check for updates on your Oculus Quest 2, follow these steps:
- Open the Oculus quest home screen
- Tap Quick Settings
- Now look for systems > select software update
- Next, check your version or available updates
To check for updates on your Apple TV:
Go to Settings > System > Software Updates > Update Software and follow the prompts
Move closer to your router
If you’re using a wireless network, try moving your Oculus Quest 2 and Apple TV closer to your router. A stronger Wi-Fi signal can often resolve casting issues.
Try casting with a different TV
If you’re still having trouble casting Oculus Quest 2 to your Apple TV, try using a different television. This will help you determine if the problem is with your Apple TV or with your Oculus Quest 2.
How to Record Video on The Oculus Quest 2
The most exciting thing about the Oculus Quest 2 is that it allows you to record videos of your gameplay. Here’s how:
- On the main menu, select “Settings.”
- Scroll down and select “Privacy Settings.”
- Toggle on “Record Footage”
- Now pull the universal menu using right-hand controller
- Turn on “Record screenplay”
Your recorded videos will be saved in your Quest 2 library