The intense and immersive horror of Resident Evil 4 comes to Oculus Quest 2 in this VR adaptation of the classic game.
Even though it wasn’t originally designed with VR in mind, resident evil 4 has been regarded as the best classical survival horror game.
With incredible horror action, fun, flexible control, and graphics, this adapted Resident Evil 4 VR game remains unmatched 17 years after it was released.
What you need to know
- Armature Studio has made this game completely worth it, you can enjoy resident evil 4 in a whole new way. It’s an intense and scary vr game that will keep you on the edge of your seat.
- There will be a $40 cost for Resident Evil 4, and you can even try it out in person before purchasing it
- The VR version of Resident Evil 4 offers 5 chapters on oculus quest 2
- While pro gamers may finish the game in 15 to 20 hours, the experience of Resident Evil 4 will last nearly 30-40 hours.
- RE 4 is a single-player game, so if you are intending to do multiplayer battles or missions, you need to re-polish your hopes.
- Besides the oculus quest, the resident evil VR 4 is also available on the Meta quest pro.
It’s now time to take a closer look at each section of resident evil 4 VR that you might not want to miss.
Resident Evil 4 VR Review – How does it perform on Quest 2?
Hats off to Armature Studio for porting one of the best survival games of all time, Resident Evil 4, to virtual reality. This is a technical accomplishment worthy of celebration in and of itself. However, the real star here is how well RE4 has been adapted for VR.
The Quest 2 version of RE4 uses the Touch controllers expertly, with an intuitive control scheme that feels natural and makes sense within the context of the game.
The result is a deeply immersive experience that does an excellent job of translating the tension and terror of the original game into VR.
It’s not perfect, however.
The graphics are dated at this point, and there are some performance issues (especially when played in wireless mode).
But these are minor quibbles in the grand scheme of things.
My Review – After playing through the game multiple times, I have to say that I absolutely love it! The puzzles are challenging enough to make you think but not so difficult that you want to pull your hair out. And the scares…oh man, the scares are real! I didn’t think that VR could be this intense but it definitely is.
Is it worth the price – There is over 90% positive feedback on the Oculus store for Resident Evil 4 out of ten thousand reviews. The VR version of RE4 was developed by one of the oculus sub-brand, so it’s not free to play, you need to purchase it online.
Overall, Resident Evil 4 VR on Oculus Quest 2 is a triumph. It’s a must-play for any fan of the original game, and a great example of how traditional games can be adapted for VR without sacrificing what makes them special.
Walking Dead vs Resident Evil 4 On Oculus quest 2
These two games are very similar in many ways but also have their own unique qualities about them.
Let’s start with Walking dead, this game is all about the story. You are put into the shoes of Lee Everett, a man who has been convicted of a crime he did not commit and is on his way to being executed.
However, before he can be put to death, the world is invaded by zombies and Lee must do whatever it takes to survive.
This includes scavenging for supplies, fighting off zombies, and helping other survivors.
The game is set up like an episodic TV show, with each “episode” focusing on a different part of the story.
Meanwhile, Resident Evil 4 is all about the action. You play Leon S. Kennedy, a special agent who is sent to rescue the president’s daughter from a group of terrorists.
The game is very intense, with lots of shooting and fighting. You’ll need to be quick on your feet and have good aim if you want to survive. There are also puzzles to solve and bosses to defeat.
So, which game is better?
- If you want a more story-driven and deepest vr experience, then Walking Dead is the way to go.
- Both games are gonna cost you $39 but let me give you a reminder that Resident Evil 4 wasn’t originally designed with VR in mind.
- However, if you’re looking for pure action and adrenaline, then RE 4 is the better choice.
Whichever game you choose, you’re sure to have a blast.
If you are also wondering how to play RE7 on your quest 2 check this guide: How To Play Resident Evil 7 On Meta Quest 2?
Get Resident Evil 4 Cheat Code/Mods
If you are not brave enough to complete the entire game without using a cheat code then you are in luck. Lots of Resident Evil 4 VR gamers are modifying their save files to get unlimited Ammo, unlock favourite weapons, and more.
Go to this link to download the whole cheat code or mod file
Note: Download the mod file at your own risk. We do not recommend these types of actions since they may ruin the excitement of the game.
Resident Evil 4 VR On Oculus Quest 2: Tips & Tricks To Know
While the graphics may not be quite as good as the original, the experience more than makes up for it with its new level of immersion. Here are some tips and tricks to help you get the most out of your experience.
- If you’re looking for a truly terrifying experience, make sure to turn off the lights and put on some headphones. This will help you get lost in the game world and heighten the suspense.
- Since you’re now able to move around freely in VR, take advantage of this by exploring your surroundings thoroughly. Not only will this help you avoid any nasty surprises, but it’ll also give you a better idea of the layout of the environment and help you plan your next move.
- Make use of the Oculus Touch controllers to interact with the world around you. You can now pick up and examine objects, which can come in handy when solving puzzles or trying to figure out what’s going on.
- If you’re ever feeling overwhelmed or like you’re about to be attacked, remember that you can always use the Oculus Guardian system to mark out a safe area. This will keep you from accidentally walking off a cliff or into danger.
With these tips in mind, you should be ready to take on anything Resident Evil 4 VR throws at you. So go forth and explore, and don’t forget to keep an eye out for those pesky zombies.
More How To Guides
- How to Play Boneworks on Oculus Quest 2 Without PC or Link?
- How To Download and Play Cyberpunk 2077 Mod in VR by Luke Ross & Vorpx
- Best Spider-man VR Games: How To Get Them On Quest 2?
- How to Play COD Zombies On Oculus Quest 2? (Without PC)
- How to get Hellsplit Arena on Oculus Quest 2?
- How to get Attack on Titan on Oculus Quest 2?
- How To Play Fortnite On Oculus Quest 2?