To fix the oculus quest 2 stuck on the pairing screen, you’re gonna need the Air link cable for connecting manually. The link cable will allow you to connect with the Headset and do the pairing method manually.
If your oculus quest is 2 not pairing to the app or PC, do a factory reset both on the app and headset and start the setup from the beginning. Sometimes the headset get stuck on software update and auto disable some of the features.
Before we move on:
- Unpair any connected device
- Sign in to Meta account
- Sync your Facebook account with Meta Account
- Make sure the same accounts are signed in to the Headset
- Both headset and PC are connected to the same WiFi
There may be some cases where your oculus app will not detect quest 2, because you may not be connected to the same Bluetooth or Wifi network. Also, make sure the account associated with the headset is exactly the same.
Sometimes, the pairing issue may not be solved after you try everything. Then you should take it to the customer service center and ask them to fix or if you have been enrolled in the “Meta Warranty Plus” program, replace your headset immediately.
If your Oculus Quest stuck on ‘Software update required’ screen, try resetting the device and restart the download with an strong internet connection.
Step-by-Step Guide to fix Oculus Quest 2 stuck on pairing screen
- Download Oculus App on your PC or Reinstall the existing one.
- Plug headset into computer and you’ll be asked to set up a meta account.
- Go to auth.meta.com/settings/security/ and confirm your Facebook account.
- Now try to pair it with Android or iPhone as new.
- Sign in with the same Facebook account.
- Put in the code and you’ll be good to go.
If you face any issues even after pairing the device, reset your headset along with the installed app. This will help clear all data and make any new connections.
How long does it take to pair the Oculus Quest 2?
Pairing your Oculus Quest 2 should take about two to three minutes.
If your Oculus Go is connected to your home WiFi network, simply open the Oculus app on your smartphone, make sure that Bluetooth is enabled, and tap the “Pair” button in the bottom-right corner of the Oculus Quest app on your phone.
Now, bring the devices closer together and choose the headphones from the App.
However, you might have to go through a bit of trouble to pair this with the smartphone. Then you might need to enter a pairing code that appears on the headset display.
Can you pair Oculus Quest 2 to multiple phones?
Your Oculus Quest 2 can only be paired with one phone at a time. To pair a second phone, unpair the first and pair the second.
To make a successful pair, make sure the phone and the headset are connected with the same WiFi. It is better to do a factory reset when connecting it with a new device unless you’re no longer interested in using it.
How to Find Pairing Code in Oculus Quest 2?
With the Pairing Code, you can connect your Oculus Quest 2 VR headset to other devices. If you’re asked to put the pairing code, and you don’t know where is that, you will not be able to connect your headset with a new Bluetooth enabled device.
There are a lot of complaints about Meta Account Device Code not Working, i have also faced the issue and solved mine by solving the issue with meta account and Facebook account.
- To find the pairing code you have to open the Settings.
- Next, when you are here you have to go to the About menu.
- Scroll all the way down and you will find pairing code right there.
- So, when you try to connect this device to any other Bluetooth devices, you have to input this code.