There has been a disturbance created among the Oculus Quest user where they are facing being stuck on 3 dots while trying to connect PC via the link cable. Other people described this issue as infinite loading screen/black screen/3 loading dots.
3 loading dots are appearing because of your graphics driver update issue. If any of your drivers are outdated, this will cause this issue to appear as everything depends on the driver’s working methods.
If you’re using an AMD-powered PC, please update all of your drivers and restart both the PC and Oculus app.
Before We Move On Make Sure That:
- Your PC meets the minimum requirements
- the Air Link is enabled
- both devices are connected to the same WiFi network
- The link Cable is working fine
- Your PC and Headset software is up-to-date
Another reason this happens is because of the new Windows 11 update.
Oculus Quest 2 is heavily optimized for windows 10 and that’s why some windows 11 users are facing this issue Oculus is building a newly built algorithm for all windows 11 users and hopefully, this issue will be fixed.
However, if you’re facing this issue, follow these fixes and try them yourself.
Note: In most cases, users found that disabling their computer’s Integrated Graphics Card fixed the problem.
Fix 1: Factory Reset the Headset
Factory reset will delete everything and boot up completely new. You will then get the chance to reconnect the headset from the beginning.
You will not lose any games you’ve purchased as those games are associated with your Facebook account.
To perform a Factory Reset, follow these steps
- Turn off your headset
- Hold power and press the volume down button simultaneously until the headset boot up
- Now you’re in recovery mode
- Use volume buttons to select Factory Reset
- Press the Power button while on the Factory reset option
- Press Yes on the next Windows
- Wait until it boots up again just like new
Fix 2: Update Your NVIDIA Drivers
AMD users have reported they fixed this issue just by updating their drivers. You can also try if you have a AMD-powered PC as these drivers need to be updated manually.
Graphics drivers usually include better support for all kinds of media, gaming, and new video cards and work as the bridge between you and your PC’s smoother user experience.
Note: Do not use GeForce experience or look through your files for drivers
- Go to the device manager
- Find your GPU on the device manager and right-click on it
- Click on “update driver” on your GPU
- let it automatically search for a new driver
- Once a driver has been successfully found and downloaded, Reset your PC quickly. (just the Window)
- Turn your PC and Quest 2 on again, try to launch the link and this time it should work.
Fix 3: Close all App Activities
Make sure you’ve done updating your headset to the new update
- Connect the Link Cable to your PC
- Allow access from the headset
- If you see “SORRY OCULUS LINK STOPPED WORKING”
- Go to Task Manager and End every process regarding Oculus.
- This may fix the infinite loading/3 dots.
Fix 4: Contact Meta Support
Meta is always working on the problem of their headset user. One simple way to let them fix your headset is to send them your log files to analyze. This method makes it easier to find out what’s missing from your headset and the possible solution.
Contact Meta support and send them your log files before they even ask you.
- Open the Run window (Windows key + R).
- Enter and run: C:\Program Files\Oculus\Support\oculus-diagnostics\OculusLogGatherer.exe
- The above link is the default directory. Bear in mind that if you installed Oculus Home to another drive you will need to update the command with the correct file path.
- Select the checkbox next to ‘Full logs’.
- Select “1 day” from the “Collect last” drop-down list.
- Wait for the log collection to finish. This can take some time to complete.
- The program will automatically generate a zip file containing your logs, which will be saved to your desktop automatically.
This log file contains all the history and errors that have occurred in the last 24 hours. The support team will analyze the file and get back to you with a solution that will only work for you.
More Meta Quest Related Issues
- Oculus Quest 2 Passthrough Not Working – How to Fix?
- Guide to Fix Steam VR Stuttering on Oculus Quest 2
- Oculus Quest 2 Profile Not Loading – Cause & Fix
- How to Fix Blurry Oculus Quest 2
- Oculus Keeps Turning Off Itself – How To Fix?
- Oculus Quest 2 stuck on loading screen – How To Fix?
- Oculus Quest stuck on ‘Software update required’ screen Fixed
- Meta Account Device Code not Working – How i Fixed